For Home UsersSee Video
As our friends and relatives get older, they may find that previously simple tasks become more difficult and confusing to perform. Knowing the date, the day and even the time can become a problem.
- Organising the day and keeping appointments, like visits to the doctor, having their hair done, meeting a friend for lunch etc, can also become increasingly difficult. Remembering to take medications can become a daily challenge.
- Often with family members living far away, the only communication is by telephone and the calls are often repetitive, difficult or unfulfilling. Many older relatives want to stay at home and remain in familiar surroundings and with this independence they sometimes need support.
- Many of our elderly relatives don’t want to leave their own home or indeed have a carer live in with them.
Amba provides an elegant solution to many of these problems. The Amba system enables elderly loved ones to enjoy their own home and remain independent longer.
- Amba’s touch-screen is easy and intuitive to use: it is always on and it is always there, just like a friend or companion.
- Time, day, date and even the weather are prominently displayed on Amba helping to orientate the User throughout the day.
- Video calls to friends and family are easily made at the touch of a button.
- The Amba daily diary and calendar function is interactive, meaning both you and the User can keep track of everything, helping to ensure appointments, medications and all diary events are fulfilled.
- Family members will automatically be alerted if any appointment or diary/calendar event is missed – within seconds.
- Users can receive messages from their Amba members at any time, and send simple replies.
- New photos can easily be accessed with an on screen touch, keeping the User abreast of current family events.
- There is a HELP button that can be programmed to alert individuals or multiple family members and any other Carers, should the User need assistance in an emergency.
Amba can be located anywhere, in the kitchen, the living room – anywhere with a WiFi link and a mains plug. Amba never goes to sleep and Amba will always be there to assist because it has an in-built battery (8-10 hrs) just in case of a power outage. Amba has been designed to always be on and always connected to the Users’ care network.