After recognising the growing problems for families with older relatives, Senecto was established by an international group of people and companies, to create a solution to some of these very real problems:
Ageing Parents Living Alone
Many older people want to live alone, retaining their independence as long as possible. Their families need to know that they can cope. Many families are separated by great distance, meaning popping in is not possible.
Older People Unfamiliar with Modern Technology
Often, older people don’t use the modern technology that many of us take for granted. Families might have tried to encourage them to learn how to use technology, but without constant supervision it’s often difficult.
Sometimes, even people who have previously used computers, can’t keep up with constant system ‘upgrades’, and desire more bespoke functionality.
Memory Loss is Real, Frustrating & Isolating
Because of memory loss, older people can forget basic things, like what day it is. Apart from being frustrating, it can cause great deals of anxiety. This can feedback negatively into that persons life. They may withdraw and become further isolated.
Amba as a solution
Introducing Amba, for families to communicate with their older loved ones and to assist them in their daily activities;
- Using touch screen technology Amba is very easy to use
- Amba connects the User to invited family, friends and carers, creating a closed and secure Care Network
- The Care Network and User can communicate by text messaging, video calling and photo sharing, all at the touch of a button
- Amba’s Daily Calendar helps organise the Users daily routines and reminders. Remote programming lets the Care Network assist if needed
- Amba’s features can benefit the User to help them remain independent in their own home for longer
- Amba can ease the burden of care from Family members and Carers alike
- Reassuring, Amba is always on
Over the last two years Senecto has developed Amba, to reconnect families and overcome these common difficulties many families are experiencing right now.